We all have those moments or days where we don’t feel at our best, or to put it more colloquially, like complete sh*t.
And it’s in these moments that we must resist the urge to further spiral down the rabbit hole of shame, courtesy of social media or even our inner critics. But instead, we should brush ourselves off and give ourselves a dose of some good ole’ self-encouragement!
You might think paying yourself a compliment or two or speaking positive mantras over yourself won’t get you far. Still, research shows self-affirmation is a powerful tool that can help restore self-confidence or self-competence. So, let’s kickstart some good feels flowing through your brain by repeating these self-love-inducing affirmations below, shall we?
Let’s do this.
1. A whole is greater than the sum of its parts, and every part of my body contributes to the whole of me.
2. I know and accept that my body has limitations, but I still embrace who I am and what I’m able to do.
3. I invest in self-care and my well-being because I am worthy of feeling good and taking care of myself.
4. I am learning how to give my full self the love and care that I deserve.
5. Even if I don’t feel great today, loving myself through it is the best thing I can do for myself right now.
6. I trust what my body tries to tell me to keep myself safe, and I trust and listen to my intuition.
7. Being kind to myself feels good.
8. I feel at my best when I allow myself just to be, whatever that looks like in the moment.
9. I choose to affirm myself because my opinion is the only one that truly matters.
10. I am choosing to make peace with myself at this moment and redirect any negative self-talk.
When you’re feeling negative about yourself, don’t feel pressured to jump headfirst into body positivity talk. Instead, meet yourself where you are, and come up with your own affirmations that make you feel good!
Written by Reese Williams.
Reese is a full-time freelance copywriter and a part-time plant mom, cook, and thrift shop regular. When she’s not caring for her plant babies or cooking up a new dish she found on TikTok, you’ll usually find her online at fiverr.